dFERIA 2020 is coming, an unmissable event for the performing arts sector! A San Sebastian fair specialised in indoor performances (both dance and theatre), which has become a clear reference for professionals from all over Spain and continues to strengthen its links with the Latin American and European markets.
This XXVI. edition of dFERIA will be held from 9th to 12th March 2020 (with shows also programmed on Saturday, 7th March), in different spaces in San Sebastian. Four days of intense activity that make dFERIA a festival for the city and a great party for professionals and amateurs, the festival of the performing arts!
The keys to dFERIA 2020
- Passion: The main theme of dFERIA 2020 will be passion: passion as a way of life, visible in everything the individual does when he or she gives it all, without reservation, or half measures. dFERIA 2020, will be pure passion!
- Dates: From 9th to 12th March, with shows also scheduled on Saturday 7th March.
- Venues: In addition to San Sebastian’s main theatres, such as the Victoria Eugenia or the Principal, dFERIA will be extended to other venues in the city and to neighbourhoods such as Egia and Intxaurrondo.
- Programming: dFERIA is characterized by the excellence in the selection and exhibition of the shows presented. In this XXVI. edition 32 shows (in 42 performances) of 32 companies will be represented. You can see all the stage programming on the fair’s website.
- New audiences: dFERIA 2020 wants to open its eyes to new audiences, so it has programmed several shows aimed at young and family audiences.
- Ticket sales: Prices and discounts at dferia.eus
Premiere works at dFERIA 2020
The objective of the dFERIA theatre and dance fair is to contribute to the dynamism of the performing arts market, promoting exchanges between its different agents and presenting the latest theatre creations, with special attention to promoting Basque companies.
By discipline, 47% of the programme for this edition of the dFERIA is dedicated to dance, another 47% to theatre and the remaining 6% to other disciplines. As for the selection of proposals, it should be noted that more than half of the shows (56%) will be premiered at dFERIA in one way or another: three worldwide, three in Europe, two in Spain, nine in the Basque Country and there will be a work in progress project.
San Sebastian hopes to welcome, thanks to dFERIA, more than 500 professionals from the performing arts sector, and we wish them a happy stay in our city!